1st doses suspended at Palexpo

WRS

The mass vaccination centre at the Palexo is closed today and tomorrow for first doses.

The decision was made last week due to lack of confirmation of the next delivery of Moderna vaccines. But the Federal Health Office says there will not be a delay, but admits the confirmation did arrive late. 

The canton says it made the decision not to issue new appointments for a first dose because if it needed to cancel them, that would be extremely complicated and could lead to mistakes. 

But the centre is giving out second doses – so if you have a booking, make sure you go. You will get a jab. 

More from Bitesize News

  • Migros Expanding In Healthcare

    Medbase, the retailer's medical arm, has bought the Ardentis chain of dental clinics from British investor Columna Capital

  • Road Closures in Lausanne

    Road closures and parking restrictions are in force ahead of Friday's Athletissima meeting in Lausanne

  • Scam Website Warning

    Visitors to Europa Park are being warned of a slick new scam website copying the German theme park's real site

  • New Service from Twint

    The payment app with more than 6 million users will offer digital direct debits from next year

  • Geneva Strikes Continue

    A public sector strike coincided with the return to Geneva classrooms yesterday, but the impact on schools was limited

  • A/C Sales Up

    Sales of air conditioners are surging in Switzerland as households struggle through successive heatwaves

Download our app

  • Available on the App Store
  • Available on Google Play